Help change lives by joining the Mid-Cumberland Meals-on-Wheels Volunteer Team!
We love to have individuals, businesses, churches, girl and boy scout troops, grade school classes and civic groups come to volunteer! It doesn’t matter whether you are one person or a group of 20, come volunteer! We would love to have you!
Top 10 Reasons We Love Our Volunteers
- Volunteers have “hearts of gold” and truly make a difference.
- Volunteers foster a sense of family for a lonely senior.
- Volunteers drive over 350,000 miles annually delivering meals.
- The seniors look forward to seeing the smiling face of the volunteers because often the volunteer is the only person the senior could see that day.
- If the program had to pay delivery drivers instead of using volunteers, the program would serve 20–25% fewer meals. Volunteers are critical to the service!
- Many volunteers will bring their children to deliver so they are teaching their children the importance of “giving back” to the vulnerable members of their community.
- Volunteers will also deliver donated cat and dog food to seniors’ pets because pets are often a seniors’ only family, and the senior can't afford pet food.
- Volunteers deliver the only meal a senior may have in a day.
- Volunteers are like the postman! They show up to deliver meals no matter rain, snow, sleet, or storms.
- Volunteers save lives! Volunteers have been able to call 911 for seniors who have collapsed in their homes.
For questions please contact Sharon McDaniel at firstname.lastname@example.org